The safe and efficient day-to-day operation of the vessel
· Complying with the laws of navigation and the entire body of statutes that regulate ships and seagoing matters
· Maintaining the seaworthiness of the vessel and protecting the interests of the Institution
Accomplishing the objective of each cruise as defined in the ‘Cruise Letter’ signed by the Director of WHOI
· Implementing the Safety and Environmental Protection policies of the Safety Management System as defined in this manual
· Motivating the crew in the observation of those policies · Monitoring and reviewing the Safety Management System and reporting any deficiencies to the Ship Operations Group in accordance with other provisions of this manual
· Preparing the annual Master’s review of the Safety Management System · Acting as Alternate Vessel Security Officer when needed
No fees in any form an/or purpose will be collected from the applicants. Beware of illegal recruiters and human traffickers.
Wilhelmsen Smith Bell Manning Inc. (WSBMI) has a long history in shipping since the mid-1800s and is a well-renowned organization in the Philippines. We are committed to providing excellent service, having the most talented people work for us and investing in the community that we operate in "Our Vision" to "Be the shaper of the maritime industry", means that we are constantly looking for the best people to join and steer us in our voyage towards our vision. If you believe you are the right person, we are eager to meet you.
WSBMI operates more than 100 vessels in different segments. We have RORO vessels, Containers, Bulk Carriers, Gas Carriers, Oil/Chemical Tankers, Offshore Units, and Passenger Liners.