· Solely responsible to the Owner, via management, for the safety of the ship and all the personnel, cargo and equipment onboard, for its seaworthiness and safe, pollution free, efficient and economic operation.
· Report defects to the company and other matters with implications for safe operations or pollution risk and which require the assistance of the company.
· Ensure document control procedure is followed as required by SMS.
· Carry out performance evaluation of officers and crews as required by the company procedures.
· Implement the relevant sections of the ISPS Code as a responsible the Ship Security Officer
· Discipline all personnel under his command to ensure that Company standards are maintained.
· Master as the designated Medical Care Officer (MCO) and is responsible for all medical care on board.
** FULL DETAILS OF JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE DISCUSSED ONCE HIRED**