· Second-in-charge in the Engine Room department and in the absence or incapacitation of the C/E, shall assume the responsibilities of the C/E.
· Maintain safe and efficient operation of the Engine Room Department, in accordance with good engineering practices and seamanship, the PMS and ships defect repair system, and directives of the C/E
· Organize and Supervise maintenance and repairs of all the machinery, equipment and system associated with the Engine Room department and where applicable, deck machinery and cargo equipment, and of all shipboard and shore personnel engaged in such work.
· Ensure that all machinery, equipment and systems are kept in full working order and are operated safely and efficiently in accordance with instruction manuals, established practices and the C/E directives.
· Supervise and regulate engineer officers, cadets and all ratings engaged in Engine Room department work in the performance of their duties
** FULL DETAILS OF JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE DISCUSSED ONCE HIRED**