· Generally, stand 12’ to 4’ watch at sea and at anchor.
· Stand port watches as directed by the Master or C/O.
· Appointed as the ship’s Environmental Officer.
· Ensuring latest editions are readily available on the bridge with the latest corrected charts, publications and equipment necessary for the current voyage.
· Plan the passage as directed by and for Master approval.
· Care and day-to-day operation of all navigational equipment and instruments including the function of the electronic navigation equipment.
· Compile and submit voyage abstracts as required by Management and Charterers.
· Prepare of the noon summary.
· Report daily position at sea to respective SAR organizations and authorities.
· Maintain inventory of stationary and prepare requisition list for C/O for any items required.
· Care and correction of chronometers and ships clock.
· Maintain Bridge filing system and library.
· Correct Admiralty List of Radio signals vol. 1-5
Where electronic publications are in use ensure all electronic publications as per outfit (ADP, eNP, ENC’s etc.) are to be maintained up to date.
· Assist as directed by Master or C/O
** FULL DETAILS OF JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE DISCUSSED ONCE HIRED**