· Generally, stand 12’ to 4’ watch at sea and at anchor.
· Stand port watches as directed by the Master or C/O.
· Appointed as the ship’s Environmental Officer.
· Care and correction of all paper and electronic charts and nautical publications held on board.
· Ensuring latest editions are readily available on the bridge with the latest corrected charts, publications and equipment necessary for the current voyage.
· Plan the passage as directed by and for Master approval.
· Compile and submit voyage abstracts as required by Management and Charterers.
· Prepare of the noon summary.
· Report daily position at sea to respective SAR organizations and authorities.
· Maintain inventory of stationary and prepare requisition list for C/O for any items required.
· Care and correction of chronometers and ships clock.
· Maintain Bridge filing system and library.
· Correct Admiralty List of Radio signals vol. 1-5
Where electronic publications are in use ensure all electronic publications as per outfit (ADP, eNP, ENC’s etc.) are to be maintained up to date.
· Assist as directed by Master or C/O
When more than one junior is signed on as Second Officer one shall be allocated the responsibilities of the 2/O rank and the other will take on or share the responsibilities of another junior officer position on board as directed by Master
** FULL DETAILS OF JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE DISCUSSED ONCE HIRED**